Tuesday, August 01, 2006

FLAT TOP MOUNTAIN-




One of the first places Jan took me to was Chagach State park- where you can get a great view of the town below without having to hike too far. For the adventurous, you can hike then climb to the top of flat top mountain. I've been so curious as to what it looks like on the other side of the mountain so I had to find out. It takes about an hour to travel and it is a well developed trail until the last 20 minutes (at that point you have to play mountain goat a little), but it is incredibly beautiful at the top. I actually climbed above the rain storm and it was sunny at the top. I got 2 good shots with my tripod before my camera batteries died. Want to know what the back side of Flat Top looks like? Stay tuned....